Bathroom lighting needs some consideration though it is the smallest room in the house, it requires some attention. It is important to emphasize on Lighting the bathroom properly to illuminate it with maximum beauty and functionality. With these stylish lights and fixtures your bathroom will turn into a luxurious, spa like retreat thus offering a great mix of style and practicality that’s perfect for the bath. Lighting offers shadow free when shaving, grooming and applying makeup in your bathroom.
Importance of Good Bathroom Lighting
Most home owners today do not consider lighting their bathroom as an important aspect unlike in their kitchens, living rooms and bed rooms. Here are some of the main reasons why lighting it is important:-
- Mirror bulbs are significantly important as they are what help you groom and beautify yourself while in the bathroom mirror. You need strong mirror bulbs in front of your face to make it easier for you to see properly. Cones and vertical mounted on both sides of the mirrors will help your eyesight far better.
- Ambient lighting:-to attain this you will need to put a large pendant light fixture n the middle of the bathroom suspended from the ceiling or be more creative and make use of string lights around the room.
- Shower lights:-As a component of good personal hygiene another critical place to light up effectively is the shower area.
Bathroom Lighting Fixtures
Lighting fixtures are a great way to add style and comfort to your bathroom area. Bright and natural lighting is highly significant and beneficial for personal hygiene in the bathroom. You could opt for a sconce bath light on either side of a mirror or go for a single light bar holding lights mounted above the mirror. Here are the two main bathroom lighting styles:-
- Contemporary Style:-This style banishes the boredom in the bathroom the light selection adds a punch of lighting style to your bathroom vanity. The contemporary style allows you to give clean simplicity to your favorite bath or vanity space.
- Traditional Bathroom Lights:-Is for those n the mood and taste of a more traditional lighting mood. The most popular traditional lighting styles are the bronze and antique finishes. This designer bathroom lighting give a touch of uniqueness and individuality to your home.
Bathroom Lighting guide
There are three considerations for bathroom lights especially mirror lighting needs to be bright but not glaring, accurate yet flattering. Here are the three considerations to make for mirror lighting:-
- Placement:-The best mirror lighting should be able to surround the face with light hence minimizing shadows under the chin, eyes, cheeks and forehead. However avoid using ceiling mounted fixtures unless the room is very small with light colored walls. The most common placement for mirror lighting is on the wall above the mirror. The fixture needs to be long enough to light the sides of the face.
- Lamp type:-The color qualities,light distribution and maintenance costs are all dependent on the type of lamp the fixture uses. In a home the maintenance costs may not build up rapidly but the can be significant if the bathroom gets more than 3 hours of use per day.
- Fixture style:-One has to choose a fixture style that has a translucent lens. Check that the fixture meets your maintenance requirements for relamping, cleaning and spare parts. If you choose to use wall sconces in small rooms select ones that are narrow as they best fit.
Lighting is an important aspect in our bathroom to help in proper hygiene and also add more value and style to your bathroom. Bathroom lighting is significant and quite affordable as it requires few lighting bulbs to help add light and ambience to your bathroom